Vacancy: Medical Receptionist
We are looking for a warm and enthusiastic Medical Receptionist to join our friendly team at Greenway Community Practice.
Referred to as a ‘Care Navigator’ you will be required to provide the first point of contact for patients and assist them in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional. Excellent organisation skills and a passion to deliver exceptional customer service are essential for the role.
You will be required to undertake a variety of administrative tasks to assist in the smooth running of the department including answering the telephone, booking appointments, providing face to face receptionist duties to our patients and other administrative tasks to maintain an outstanding patient experience.
The successful applicant will need to have experience of providing high standards of customer service and thrive on working as part of a team. Experience within a similar role is preferred but not necessary for the right candidate as full training is provided.
For this part time role of 20 hours per week, an hourly rate of £10.72 is on offer together with an NHS pension and 31 days holiday pro rata.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and would like to apply, please send your CV, and cover letter to Kate Barnes, Practice Business Manager
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th June 2023.
- To provide an efficient and effective reception, clerical, and administrative support service to the practice team in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- To use skills, knowledge, and experience to support the administration systems in the practice.
- As a Care Navigator you will be expected to provide a consistent point of contact for both patients and staff, with the aim of enabling patients to get the right coordinated support, at the right time to help manage a wide range of needs.
- This will include active signposting to a range of statutory and voluntary sector services which are often complex and difficult to navigate.
- To offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and visitors both in person and on the telephone.
To efficiently undertake administration and reception duties which may include the following duties as directed:
- Provide a full reception service to a high standard and always ensure a high level of patient service.
- Smile and greet patients. When on the telephone introduce yourself.
- Provide a consistent point of contact for patients, proactively signposting and coordinating appropriate support for patients and their carers in a timely manner, whist promoting self-care. Ensure f12 protocols have been used when signposting patients.
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Work with other members of the team to maintain and improve knowledge of the local area to build a comprehensive picture of support service available and provide a gateway to these services as required.
- Greet, assist, and support patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
- To always maintain strict confidentiality.
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records.
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To respond to face to face and telephone enquiries in a friendly and courteous manner, recording any messages efficiently and passing them to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- To liaise and interact with other users and colleagues as and when required in a professional manner.
- To obtain and retrieve clinical/non-clinical records as requested.
- Handle transport request/arrangements as and when appropriate.
- Ability to work in a busy open office environment.
- Able to prioritise work and respond to urgent issue and requirements of staff and patients.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.