Your Home Medicine Chest
A range of common illnesses, upset stomachs and aches and pains can be treated with a very well stocked medicine cabinet and plenty of rest. In your cabinet you should have:
- Mild laxatives and anti-diarrhoeal medicines
- Rehydration mixture
- Indigestion remedies, e.g. Antacids
- Travel sickness tablets
- Sun screen SPF 15 or higher and sun burn treatment, e.g. Calamine
- Tweezers and sharp scissors
- A thermometer
- A selection of plasters, non absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings
Your local pharmacist is a good source of advice for these minor ailments.
Keep your medicine chest in a secure, locked place, out of the reach of children. Always read the instructions and use the suggested dose and do not keep any medicines which are past their expiry date.