Privacy Notice for COVID-19 volunteers
The purpose for which we are processing your personal data is to maintain a COVID-19 Volunteer response pool and facilitate the mechanism for allocating volunteers to clinics using a programme called SignUp
The data is being kept to support a pool of colleagues that can be matched and deployed quickly to COVID-19 volunteer roles. Volunteers are asked to sign up on an electronic form for particular shifts. Participants will be able to view their details and the name and email address of other participants. This will be shared with teams at the vaccination site requiring the role. They are shared as official sensitive.
We will process the following personal data:
- email address
- contact telephone number
- working pattern
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
Your personal data will be shared by us with colleagues in the primary care network who potentially have a role for you. Your data will be shared with other volunteers who are part of the vaccine delivery clinics.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors.
Your personal data will be kept by us for a maximum of 12 months.
You have the right:
- to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data
- to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement
- in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- to object to the processing of your personal data
- You may have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed.
As your personal data is stored on our IT infrastructure, and shared with our data processors, it may be transferred and stored securely outside the European Union. Where that is the case it will be subject to equivalent legal protection through the use of Model Contract Clauses.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
The data controller for your personal data is Greenway Community Practice on behalf of Affinity PCN for the purpose of the covid vaccine delivery programme.
The contact details for the data-controller are: Greenway Community Practice, Greystoke Avenue, Southmead, Bristol BS10 6AF
The contact details for the lead data-controller’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) are: Email email@example.com