Bristol Wellbeing Therapies
NHS Partnership of 15 organisations. It is an access point for mood management groups and CBT.
You must self refer by calling: 0117 9823209
- Mind Over Mood – by Christine Padesky. Workbook for anxiety and depression in CBT form.
- Overcoming Depression – By Chris Williams
- Overcoming Anxiety – By Helen Kennerley
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy – By David Burns
- Overcoming Insomnia & Sleep Problems – By Colin Espie
- Work Stress: The Power Of Doing Less – By Fergus O’Connoll
- Headspace – Free App that focus’ on mindfulness
- SAM APP (UWE) – Free App that focus’ on anxiety management
Links to Services
- MoodGym – Anxiety and Depression self help with online CBT, games and quizzes
- Be Mindful – Mindfulness based treatment for stress
- Evolution Health
- Get Self Help
- Beating Bipolar
- Young Minds – support for young people experiencing mental health problems
- Depression Alliance
- BABCP – maintains a list of qualified counsellors in behavioural and cognitive therapies
- Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre – can order self-help and educational books including CBT
- Self Injury Support - TESS – Monday-Friday 7am-9pm text support – 07800472908
- Womankind - Free or affordable counselling for women – 0117 9166461. Helpline – 08454582914
- Help Counselling - Counselling for young people ages 9-25. Based on availability to pay. 0117 9502511
- Network Counselling - College Park Drive, Henbury. Contribute as much as you can afford. Tel 0117 9507271 from 9:30 am to 1pm to arrange an appointment
- Off the Record - 2 Horfield Road, Bristol. Free helpline – 0808 808 9120. Free counselling for under 25 years. Also have drop in service Mon-Fri 11:30am
- UWE Counselling Service - Frenchay Campus. To make an appointment call: 0117 328558
- Severnside Institute for Psychotherapy - Can offer long term psychotherapy on a means tested basis
- Family Lives - A national helpline that parents can call for free advice and support – 0808 8002222
- Avon Counselling and Psychotherapy Service - 0117 9304447 – Can provide a list of private counsellors in your area
- Wessex Counselling Service - Based in Frome but have premises at Orchard Street, Bristol. 01373 453355 – first session £35, subsequent sessions £13-£38 depending on income.
- Bridge Foundation - Sydenham Road, Cotham. 0117 9424510. Personal counselling at £25-£40 per session depending on income. Child and psychotherapy service at £60-£90 for two assessments, subsequent sessions at a reduced price. Also free family counselling for families in inner city area with children under 11 yrs.
Exercise helps with both your physical and mental health. Why not explore our local woods by following these maps and complete the Greenway Practice, Health Walk right from the surgery door.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.