GP Services during COVID-19
Resuming routine GP Services
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding as we have adapted our working processes in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have been impressed with how patients have been self-managing their minor ailments during this time and hope that this has increased people’s confidence in continuing to do so.
Please note; It is still important that you only visit the practice when absolutely necessary to do so. Many of our administrative queries and medication requests can and will continue to be handled over the phone or by email.
Services that will continue/resume where safe to do so
The majority of our services have now resumed.
We continue to offer telephone and video consultations with our doctors. These can be booked online via the NHS app or by telephoning the practice. If your problem cannot be dealt with over the phone the doctor will arrange a face to face for you. You can also click the ‘online consultation’ button on the home page of our website.
You can continue to make Nurse appointments for blood tests, smears, child immunisations etc. If you need an appointment for a diabetic, heart or asthma review you may be asked to book a blood test first and then a telephone appointment for a review with the nurse.
Services postponed until further notice
- NHS health checks
- New patient medical examinations, unless clinically indicated
- New travel vaccinations
- Spirometry unless clinically indicated
Helpful advice for when visiting the practice
When visiting the practice for routine care it is important that you follow the guidance below to protect you and others;
- Complete the symptom checker survey that will be sent to you via text message on the day of your appointment. You will not be able to attend your appointment unless this has been done.
- Covid symptom screening will also take place prior to entering the consulting room.
- Wear a face covering.
- Arrive for your appointment on time. To limit the foot fall in the practice please remain in the car/outside until a few minutes before your appointment. Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Refrain from using the practice toilets unless absolutely necessary.
- Use the touch screen when checking in for appointments.
- Use the hand gels provided.
- Please do not come to the surgery if you are experiencing symptoms associated with Covid-19 including a new continuous cough OR a high temperature OR loss of/change in smell and taste.