Covid Booster Programme
Guidance is starting to be issued regarding the autumn covid booster programme. It is envisaged that the programme will commence in September for a specified group of patients in two stages:
- adults aged 16 years and over who are immunosuppressed;
- those living in residential care homes for older adults;
- all adults aged 70 years or over;
- adults aged 16 years and over who are considered clinically extremely vulnerable;
- frontline health and social care workers.
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- adults aged 16 – 49 years who are in an influenza or COVID-19 at-risk group. (please refer to the Green Book for details of at-risk groups)
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
Following the formal announcement regarding the requirement to offer Covid boosters the practice has started to plan how these will be delivered to eligible patients in line with vaccine supply and clinical priority.
We will be delivering these boosters at the practice and further information will be communicated to patients due course.
Please do not contact the practice at this stage to book your vaccine – the practice will be in touch when it is your time to receive the Covid booster.
Thank you for your patience.
Further information can be found here