Flu Clinics 2022 / 23
We will be offering flu vaccines to eligible patients until March 2024.
This year more than ever it is vital that everyone who is eligible for the flu jab has it done. Getting this done at the practice as soon as you can is one of the most important things you can do to help the NHS, your community and indeed to protect yourself. Seasonal flu and COVID-19 viruses have the potential to add substantially to the winter pressures usually faced by the NHS, particularly if infection waves from both viruses coincide.
You may receive a letter from the national booking system inviting you to one of the local pharmacies to have a Flu jab and/or Covid Booster. We strongly urge you to have your Flu jab with the practice. The practice has knowledge of which other vaccines you require and will administer them at the same time. This is very important to protect against other disease. The practice relies on the income generated from the flu program to fund our staff in particularly our additional nurse appointments we offer. Without this income we will have to reduce some of our services. Please support the surgery by doing this.
Those eligible for NHS influenza vaccination in 2022 to 2023 include the following;
- Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health and social care staff
- 50 to 64 year olds that are not in a clinically at-risk group (from 15 October 2022). The delayed start is to ensure clinical prioritisation of those most at risk from flu.
The child nasal spray flu vaccine is available to children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022 (born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020)
If you have recived a letter from NHS inviting your child to attend, please contact the practice on 0117 9598939 to book them in.
There are some things that we need you do when attending for your flu appointment;
- Do NOT attend if you have symptoms of covid-19 or are self isolating
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. It is strictly timed to allow us to maintain a safe environment and allow for appropriate staffing levels
- Come alone or with your carer
- Wear clothing that makes it easy for your clinician to give the jab
- When you attend the building, you are likely to have to join a short queue.
Covid-19 Autumn booster programme
We have now completed the COVID-19 booster vaccine clinics and are no long administering this vaccine in the surgery.
For further information and how to locate your nearest walk in site can be found here
Apointment invites will be sent out to patients via text message. Those patients without smart phones will recieve an invite to book in the post. Those patients who are registered as housebound will receive a letter in the post with details of when the team will visit.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.