Adult Flu Clinics 2021 / 22
As the autumn approaches it is time to book in for your annual Flu jab.
This year more than ever it is vital that everyone who is eligible for the jab has it done. Getting this done at the practice as soon as you can is one of the most important things you can do to help the NHS, your community and indeed to protect yourself. Seasonal flu and COVID-19 viruses have the potential to add substantially to the winter pressures usually faced by the NHS, particularly if infection waves from both viruses coincide.
You may have received a letter from the national booking system inviting you to one of the local pharmacies to have a Flu jab and/or Covid Booster. We strongly urge you to have your Flu jab with the practice. The practice has knowledge of which other vaccines you require and will administer them at the same time. This is very important to protect against other disease. The practice relies on the income generated from the flu program to fund our staff in particularly our additional nurse appointments we offer. Without this income we will have to reduce some of our services. Please support the surgery by doing this.
Those eligible for NHS influenza vaccination in 2021 to 2022 include the following;
- Those aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 50 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- Frontline health and social care staff
Please note children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021 are also eligible and will be contacted with the dates of our child flu clinics in due course.
We will be running our main vaccination sessions on: Saturday 18th September & Friday 8th October at The Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, BS10 5PY
Please book your appointment today
There are some things that we need you do when attending for your flu appointment;
- Do NOT attend if you have a new cough, temperature, change in taste or smell or should be self isolating
- If possible, walk to the Greenway Centre as the car park is likely to be busy
- If you have to drive, then please only enter via the Doncaster Road entrance and leave by the Greystoke Avenue entrance
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time. It is strictly timed to allow us to maintain a safe environment and allow for appropriate staffing levels
- Come alone or with your carer
- Wear clothing that makes it easy for your clinician to give the jab
When you attend the building, you are likely to have to join a short queue.
Anyone over the age of 11 years is required to attend wearing a face covering
We have a limit to the number of appointment slots that we can offer, so it is vital that you book a slot and then turn up. By not coming you will be denying someone else an opportunity to get vaccinated.